Name: BHALCHANDRA MAHADEO BHANAGE
Current Position: Researcher
Division of Materials Science and Engineering,
Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkaido University,
Kita 13 Nishi 8, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-8628, Japan
Tel & Fax +81-(0)11-706-6594
E-mail email@example.com or
Residence (Japan) : 1-2-304, Skypark 22, Kita 22, Nishi 4 Sapporo, Japan, Ph. +81 11 758 3202
(India) : House No. 366, Near Maruti Temple, Kharalwadi, Pimpri, Pune 411018, India
Ph. +91 20 7421255.
Date of Birth: 18th February 1966. Age : 36 Years; Nationality: Indian
Academic Background :
l Ph. D.( 1996): Univerisity of Pune at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India (Title : Studies in Hydroformylation of Olefins using Transition Metal Complex Catalysts ; Guide: Dr. R.V. Chaudhari) click for copy of Ph.D. certificate
l B.Sc. (1986): First Class: Abasaheb Garware College, Pune, University of Pune, India click for copy of B.Sc. certificate
Experience: 14 years, out of which 7-year at postdoctoral level, which includes Several Industrial projects, Applied Research and Teaching.
Citations : > 300 (Detail list will be provided, if required)
Subject Area: Catalysis; Applied /Organic/ Environmental Chemistry
1. Homogeneous catalysis, Reaction kinetics and mechanism, Preparation & Characterization of organometallic complexes
2. Catalyst-product separation techniques in homogeneous catalysis such as biphasic catalysis, Supported liquid phase catalysis
3. Catalysis and reactions in supercritical carbon dioxide
4. Polycarbonate synthesis via organometallic complexes.
5. Heterogeneous solid base catalysis, Catalysis using Pd/C for Heck coupling.
Hydroformylation of various olefins, Hydrogenation of various substrates, Heck reaction, Dimethyl carbonate synthesis from CO2, Transesterification, Diphenyl carbonate synthesis, Polycarbonates via oxidative carbonation of Bisphenol-A, Carbonylation of methanol to acetic acid. CO2 fixation into valuable chemicals.